Plain American Language

I cut a sliver/of WC William's finger
and placed it inside/my philosophy...

Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Panama Hat (I apologize for the lateness...i lost my notebook...and so this is very impromptu....number 27)

Covered in silver, there's a barbie doll holding a frisbee
much larger than she. It was a homemade trophie,
says my friend. Inside my Panama Hat, which is made
in Ecuador and not Panama, there are straws that
poke my head just a bit, but on the outside I look fine,
and I stroll head higher now, as if I had a trophie
on my own head. Light, made of thatched straw,
(I think) tightly woven, it's stylish
like the 50s. A silver light shines off the barbie doll
in the picture of the trophie. When my eyes don't adjust
it looks like a blob of silver splayed out on
the backdrop of the night. The hat moves through
the night like a tan beacon. It's slightly tight on
my head, but fits me just the same. A Panama Hat
can't be silver. But if it were, it'd fit me tightly
on the head, and move through the night like a blob
and beacon out toward my fellow neighbors.

No comments: