Plain American Language

I cut a sliver/of WC William's finger
and placed it inside/my philosophy...

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Las Hojas que Faltan (The Leaves that are Missing) (revised just a bit)

"He's the one I want because he is the one I have hung all my desires upon"
-- Yarima Goode

When I first met him
I hung arms around his neck.
Though he had two already
I let them hang.
I set eyes underneath his
and planted wheat and araucano seeds
in between his toes.

My desires outweigh his weight.
He is heavy with things.
Those new eyes can see and when
those eyes are mad
the branches shudder
like night.
He walks with love
planted in him like acorns.

I hung my doubt on his belly
so his mouth grows
down when he’s naked.
But when we're up and
awake, we have six arms
that twine together like autumn.

No comments: