Plain American Language

I cut a sliver/of WC William's finger
and placed it inside/my philosophy...

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Hommage a Picasso (after a series of paintings by the same name)

You six eyed mustachio,
darkened & lightened
wrapped and in public
gliding like strings (red)
aiming like a hawk (red)
over a black & blue

pieces of bulls everywhere
threatening the pink
of your women or the shattered
green of your women

a simple box with a floating canvas
is what you are:
sixteen sides
ready for color
slanting into the next frame.

2 comments:

Mad Teacher on the Run said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mad Teacher on the Run said...

Hi (Mabel here)

wahhh you really got me thinking of the paintings, I wish I could've been to the museum too :/

tmr I shall read the poem again and give a better opinion of it, now ...my brain cells are doing the OLE!!! again.