Plain American Language

I cut a sliver/of WC William's finger
and placed it inside/my philosophy...

Thursday, April 7, 2011

30 Poems in 30 Days Challenge!!!

Hi folks, I'm participating in 30 Poems in 30 Days, as part of National Poetry Month! Yay!!! It's a great time to experiment, and have some fun, or be serious and not have fun (but really have fun).
Here's poem #1:

Will you be the ruiner of my objects, climb down my runny eggs
and lay flat on the tongue bedding
with the book of poetry
I am dropped and thump--
dizziness is a towel I wished
upon and get all the time.
Lucky you, jackets hanging on my chair--all you do is be brown
and corduroy and nestle in the corner. Luck you,
vines creeping out of the shelves,
lucky you orange twice bitten,
twice juiced and picked up,
luck you, ruiner of objects, vacuum-er of pens.
Creator and destroyer, where have you been?

No comments: