Plain American Language

I cut a sliver/of WC William's finger
and placed it inside/my philosophy...

Monday, February 11, 2008

A Jewish Melody, Congregacion Israelita, Buenos Aires #41

A short, sweet melody jumps & twiddles its thumbs,
mildly enjoying itself until an outburst of
happiness like pigeons or blackbirds
clambers out its own spaces making winds.
I wanted to write a Song of Exile:
a melody had wrenched me and left a pang.
A song of exile doesn't celebrate:
a minor key that does not drag, it just continues
breathes in and out the past.
We chant along in shul, once happy then sad, in cycles.

1 comment:

Olgasmic said...

short melody twiddling
an ouburst of happiness
like pigeons or blackbirds
clammering out its
spaces, making winds.
Inside the Buenos Aires synagogue
I write a Song of Exile:
wrench and pang
a non-celebration
of a minor key,
a knowing sigh
we chant, once happy
sad, in short cycles.


I dunno. Thats what stood out to me.