Plain American Language

I cut a sliver/of WC William's finger
and placed it inside/my philosophy...

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

On The Anniversary of Pinochet's Death (i dunno if i like this...opinions?)

12/12/07


The anniversary date was on Monday.
I didn't see or hear a thing.
Oh this capital city loves to cry
murder sometimes, blood of the laborer,
blood of my brother, but not a thing.
Though I could be mistaken.

A huge group of police water cannons
were stationed on the Alameda
but it was as if no one wanted
to make a move. Or maybe I saw all that
before the planned chaos. That
might've been what happened:
I saw the tension but at its peak.

I won't fully understand why
the missing will remain missing.
It's a barrier I've not yet the experience to break.
Stuck, maybe, between what I see
and can't see after I passed it, or before.

2 comments:

Olgasmic said...

80 Poems in 80 days. Starting right meow, as in today. Suggestion of one Mark Wallace. What y'all think?

Olgasmic said...

80 Poems in 80 days. Starting right meow, as in today. Suggestion of one Mark Wallace. What y'all think?